Questions & Answers
TORRENT SKI RESORT or SNOWPARK SPORTARENA?
Which ski resort should I decide for?
Your advantages in the Snowpark Sportarena:
- Suitable slopes for beginners (3 conveyor belts, 2 pull lifts)
- Easy, blue slopes
- Accessibility of the resort: by foot, with the town bus Ring-Jet or by car (carpark availability)
- The Snowpark Sportarena assembly point can be easily reached by foot.
- Ski lockers can be rented.
- More options for children: Sledge slope
- Offers for adults: Snowbar, Sportarena Restaurant, cross-country ski track directly behind the Sportarena, start of various winter hiking trails.
- You go for free with the Leukerbad Card Plus.
Your advantages in the Torrent ski resort:
- If you are a passionate skier yourself, you enjoy 50 km of varied slopes.
- Different lift facilities (ski lifts, chair lifts, cable car).
- Children up to 8 years ski for free.
- Several alpine restaurants and après ski bars to choose from.
- New: Snowliland (Kinderland with 1 conveyor belt)
- Accessibility of the resort: with Grosskabine from Leukerbad or the cable car in Flaschen. There is a carpark at both valley stations, which can also be reached with the town bus Ring-Jet or the LLB bus (also see accessibility of the assembly points).
- Large number of ski lockers for rental (valley station and mountain station).
- Winter hiking trail with splendid panoramic view of the 4,000 m high mountains in Wallis.
When should I book a group lesson or a private lesson in the Snowpark Sportarena, and when in the Torrent ski resort?
Skiing: In general we recommend to all beginners to book a lesson (group or private) in the Snowpark Sportarena. The more difficult slopes on Torrent are of advantage for advanced skiers. Thanks to the new Snowliland, since the 2013/14 winter season, beginners can also book a lesson on Torrent (possibilities are however more limited).
Snowboard: We recommend to all of our guests to book snowboard lessons (group and private courses) in the Torrent ski resort, because the terrain should not be too flat, hence Torrent is more ideal. Upon request and depending on the availability of the instructors, private lessons can also be booked in the Snowpark Sportarena.
Which levels does the Ski School teach?
|Snowpark Sportarena||Torrent Ski Resort|
|Snow Kindergarten Moskito (3 y.)||-|
|Snowli group ski lessons (4-5 y.)||Snowli group ski lessons (4-5 y.)|
|3-hour group course: Levels Blue Prince to Blue King (from 6 y.)||3-hour group course: Levels Blue Prince to Swiss Snow Academy (from 6 y.)|
|Group lessons for adults: beginners only||Group lessons (children & adults): beginners to advanced skiers|
|Private lessons (children & adults): Beginners to approx. Blue King level||Private lessons (children & adults): beginners to advanced skiers|
|-||3-hour group course: Levels Blue Prince to Swiss Snow Academy|
|Private lessons (children & adults): upon request only||Private lessons (children & adults): beginners to advanced skiers|
|-||Private lessons (children & adults): beginners to advanced skiers|